Monday, December 16, 2013

My Resume`

Daron D. Gaskins

--84 Dewitt Street --New Haven, CT 06519--Mobile (203) 850-4748
Phone (203) 777-6257 - - email: gaskins.daron@yahoo.com
Profile : Young high school graduate looking forth to work as a stocker until I reach my goal in becoming a musician artist. I am an assistant/helper requiring a strong position from a strong organization and planning skills to provide good support that will be expected and accepted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related Experience: Carpentry for the Diamond Roofing Company located at Diamond Court. My as well as any carpenter’s responsibilities were to tear down old and warped wood from 1992 and replace it with new ones that we’ve gotten from the Home Depot. The job’s requirements were to work through all 80 units which equaled 40 houses a complex under a 3 month contract by replacing banisters, railings, decks, steps, bracket things down, nail and hammer it down, paint and mix concrete. by doing . Another job I did was a 3 day roofing held in Morris, CT. The job was to tear down the old shingles off a roof and clean up all around the area while the boss would replace it with new shingles. My most recent job I worked at was Macy's Warehouse in Cheshire, CT through a staffing agency in Waterbury, CT called Infinity Staffing and I was given multiple tasks. I stocked boxes along with clothing, packed clothes and sorted clothes and my time was only seasonal and lasted from November 26, 2012 to December 9, 2012. January 18, 2013 I worked for this company called Clearview Energy and its related to customer service, as salesmen the requirement on the job was to go to door to door to lower customer's high electric rates for the year. However, I only received training because I only spent a week there before I moved to New Haven, CT to shortly work for the 6.5 billion dollar company Constellation Energy to receive more training and better speech skills for the customers. Being a door to door salesman wasn't something that I wanted to do because of the rejection from the customers and because I overheard it was a scam, getting the training was worth it. Since I received the training, switching to Constellation Energy gave me a bit more confidence in my daily speech to the customers I have been more ready to become a customer service administrator over the phone. I also have work experience at Dollar Tree over in East Haven from April 13 2013 to April 20 2013 as temporary, my jobs were to stock boxes from delivery trucks in the stock room and put up new shelves and items as the store was new and opening on 40 Frontage Road. Final and present company I work for is Labor Ready located on 165 Orange Street in New Haven, CT. The job requirements are steel toe boots/shoes, gloves and the ability to lift at least 50 lbs but while working there my duties were to travel all over CT to set up stores and unload trucks. While working at Labor Ready I worked at Wal-Mart in West Haven from 08/13/2013-09/02/2013 and I worked as a stocker and logistics. After my time was finished with Wal-Mart due to its temporary time, I were to travel to places like the CVS in North Haven and West Haven again to set up their new stores.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skills : Stocking and packing. I am a very quick learner and only spending a very short time as a door to door salesman I've gotten the speech under control.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Education : Crosby High School 2008 - 2010
John F. Kennedy 2010 – 2011
NVCC Manufacturing Program 2009 – 2011
Post University Program 2011 – 2012
· As a highlight for Crosby High School I joined the Naugatuck Valley Community College Manufacturing Program, continued it and completed it through my transfer to John F. Kennedy High School.
· Another highlight is after a couple days I transferred to John F. Kennedy High school back in 2010 I joined the JFK Eagles football team in my junior year, word from my coaches was that I was the second best tight-end on the team. In 2011 through my senior year I also participated in outdoor track & field, I ran the 100 meter dashes, the 200 meter dashes and the 4 by 4 relays during the spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment